Hey there cupcake!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Pistachio Choc-Chip Cupcakes with Vanilla Rose Buttercream Frosting

K was pestering me to get more creative with cupcake innovation.
I don't think he understood what he was unleashing!
I just used the Magnolia Vanilla on Vanilla recipe.
I put in 1 cup of ground pistachios, reducing the combined flours by 1 cup.

The frosting simply had a small dash of rose water added to the traditional recipe, tinted pink.

At first bite, I thought- ack, what was I thinking!?
Then, as I chewed on, they grew on me considerabley.
Still, not my favourite.

I don't like the chocolate, but without it, as 52 Cupcakes said- the cake would lack flavour and real body.
Also as K said, the cake was quite dry.
I like the frosting- interesting twist, but as rose water usually does- it leaves one with a dry mouth= bad!..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home