Hey there cupcake!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Annie-Mae Cupcakes

This week I was armed with a challenge-
To make a "Summer of the Goddess" * inspired cupcake.
*Summer of the Goddess- U.S summer of 2001, which was largely spent with my SIL: Miss Annie-Mae.
There were Prince concerts, UDF hot-fudge-brownie-sundaes, topless sunbaking, Lions-den visits and lot's, lot's more..
Miss Annie-Mae's Birthday is approaching, and I thought, although I couldn't make the cupcakes for her (as we're thousands of miles apart) I could at least make them here, and send her the recipe.
My agenda transformed along the way, and ended up being about designing a cupcake that epitomised it's namesake: Annie-Mae..
Sweet, surprising, sensual, fun, and a little wicked..
I came up with a chocolate chilli cupcake base, with white-chocolate buttercream frosting..
I wanted to inject a raspberry curd filling too- but raspberries are, exspensive as heck here!
I almost killed myself with an innocent enough looking mini-
Must have had some concentrated chilli- 2 days later and my throat still hurts!!
I couldn't breathe without gasping for about 2 hours!
Straight off their cooling trays, with some warm frosting (yes, I'm vegan, but I am dedicated to my art heh) they were delicious!!!
Minus the chilli, this will be my new chocolate cake recipe- oh the texture!!!!
None of my usual testers like chocolate cake- ok, they detest it, so we had to drop the rest of, at K's work.
When he warned them they were spicey, even though there were many "Yeah right!?"s, I think they were a little scared!
So, back to the drawing board-
I think I'll keep the cake- 1/2 the chilli content, so you just get a surprising warming of the mouth..
Definately want a filling, and want to change the frosting..
Next week it's smores cupcakes for my husband K's birthday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home