Hey there cupcake!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Smore Cupcakes

It's my husbands birthday today..
Well, he loathes birthdays, especially his own, so I have started a tradition-
The un-birthday..
This morning I even draped a "Happy Un-Birthday" banner up.
K is American, and never tires of espousing the glories of American food..
We're talking the so sweet your teeth hurt, and so full of fat your thighs wobble just looking at it- kind of food..
Smores are a favourite.
Here in Australia, us deprived people, don't have graham crackers, but being his un-birthday and all, I thought I should attempt the smore cupcake.
And oooh how pretty they turned out! :)
In place of graham crackers, I used Mcvites digestives-
With an added Tbs of honey, and cinnamon sprinkled til fragrant, to the mix to compensate..
For the cake- I replaced 1/2 the ordinary flour with crushed 'graham crackers'..
(I just played with my favourite magnolia vanilla recipe)
I'm a vegan, so won't go near marshmallows or chocolate..
(Yes, I occasionally eat honey)
I did have a plain mini cake however, and it was d e l i c i o u s!
I only had 3 eggs left, the recipe calls for 4-
(And yes, vegan watchers, I eat eggs laid by my Dads 4 very happy chickens)
Although moist and a good texture, the cakes would be even better with the 4..
I passed on one with the whole she-bang (infact the one pictured), to my mum..
She has never had a graham cracker, let alone a smore, but she thought they were t a s t y!
The real test is tonight, when K gets home..
The topping (for this mini) is simply one giant marshmallow, which I set under the broiler..
Topped with 'graham cracker' crumbs, and a drizzling of melted milk chocolate.
Please sir, can I have s'more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home