Hey there cupcake!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Mocha Choca Cupcakes

Before sending off the uber-package to my sister-in-law (birthday cupcake recipe included)-
I thought I should at least test run, the changes I made to the last recipe..
You can read below for the results of that one!
My findings are, that chilli in cupcakes is pure evil.
The new recipe used 1/2 the chilli than the former, and this time, I only used 3/4 of that amount = a lot less chilli!
Taste it less? NO! Less heat? NO!
Go figure.
This time as well, the coffee was really strong in the resulting cake- ???
So with a batch of chocolatey coffee cupcakes on my hands, I decided to change plans, and deviate from the intended mint frosting..
Seeing as St Pat's day is approaching, I thought hmmmn- irish coffee cream cupcake
Into basic buttercream frosting goes a slosh of irish cream..
I frosted a mini, took a bite, uck..
I went to bed, very depressed at the thought of throwing out a whole batch of cupcakes..
This afternoon, thinking I should at least take some nice photos of the minis, prepared to frost them..
Taking the buttercream frosting:
Fresh brewed coffee- slosh..
Taste. This isn't looking too hopeful..
Vanilla extract- slosh..
Taste. A little better, but I'm still not confident.
Frosted said minis, and whaddya know-
Not fantastic, but a remarked improvement from yesterday..
Instead of choc mint cupcakes, these mischievous minis turned into mocha chocas..
They have a mind of their own.
Or is it the leprechauns at play?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home