Hey there cupcake!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

No more sugar

I never had much refined sugar in my diet..
Largely because, in Australia, being vegan, heavily restricts your consumption of processed & store bought foods.
So when I started to take this lil' personal challenge of mine, and make a batch of cupcakes every week- who knew the effect it would have..
Headaches, bad skin, lethargy
I thought I was morphing into Dr Sally a little too readily, and perhaps indeed, the changes could be attributed to something altogether.
So some weeks I didn't eat any cupcakes-
The symptoms disappeared, only to reappear again, with cupcake consumption.
Verdict # 2, refined sugar is pure evil!
So- I am making a conscious effort to eliminate the refined and added sugar from my diet.
Cupcakes, being the most logical target, were the first on the chopping block.
Although I've done all natural sweetener baking before, it became a new challenge when I contemplated frosting without sugar!!!
Above are my first results..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home