Hey there cupcake!

Friday, June 09, 2006

Coconut Cupcakes with Rosewater Frosting


This past Wednesday, it was my Mum's birthday.
As well as cooking the birthday dinner, I was asked to bake cupcakes.
She wanted something yummy & pink.
Considering she was a big fan of the almond meal cupcakes w/ rosewater frosting, and she has a love of coconut, I decided to make:
Coconut Cupcakes with Rosewater Frosting
I'm also eagre of course to try out ever more recipes from VWAV..
So, for the base, I made the coconut cake, substituting apple juice concentrate for the sugar, and apple sauce for a small portion of the canola oil.
I made my usual 'buttercream' frosting, using partially hydrogenated margarine and confectioners sugar, but used coconut milk instead of soy milk.
I flavoured the frosting with rosewater, and used beet juice to colour it.
I made a regular batch, and it yielded 11 cupcakes- oh how I should have made more! (or maybe not..)
At the party, the ladies and I quickly consumed one.. and then another.. and probably would another, except there wasn't enough, and it was already about midnight..
These were truly delicious, and I will definitely make them again-
Perhaps with a different frosting to mix it up a bit..

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hello, what beautiful cupcakes, that rosewater frosting looks and sounds heavenly.

I love your site, I can't believe i've just discoverd it...where have I been? I too am a cupcake enthusiast, so i'll be stopping by more often. Great photos!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Sally Veganini said...

HI Jenjen,
I only just spied your comment now..
Anyhoo-
hello and welcome! :)

I'm so glad you like my little blog-
So often it feels like I'm just keeping a little cupcake diary, and I am surprised when I learn that other people actually DO visit too!

Thanks for your sweet comments

-sj-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home