Hey there cupcake!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes


I found some all natural, egg free, mini ice-cream cones, at my local supermarket the other week..
I decided I should try out the uber cute ice-cream cone cupcakes, that I've seen showing their cute faces about the web lately..
Simple and trusty magnolia vanilla cupcake base, with a twist..
No dairy. No hydrogenated fat. Low fat. No refined sugar.
So instead- canola non-hydrogenated spread, apple sauce, barley malt syrup & maple syrup..
Topped with a simple and not so saintly, good ol' vanilla buttercream frosting:
Partially hydrogenated vegetable spread & confectioners sugar..
If I'm eating ice-cream cones- which I almost never do- at least give it to me with ice-cream..
There is nothing worse, than a less than crisp ice-cream cone..
I found by pouring the batter straight into the cones for baking, it sogged them out a little..
And I re-discovered, that unless they're waffle cones, ice-cream cones aren't very nice to begin with..
SO-
Hubby and I ended up pulling the cupcakes out of the cones :)
Probably a Zero out of ten!

3 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Sally Veganini said...

Thanks babycakes

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger purplecupcake said...

These are gorgeous..I'm gonna spend a lot of time going thru past blogs of yours...Your cupcakes are GORGEOUS!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Sally Veganini said...

Thanks so much, for your kinds words purplecupcake :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home