Hey there cupcake!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Retrospective look at a tea party..

There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. ~Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady
On the 8th of April I had a tea party, for my succulent and foodie friends.
The tea party was organised as a way of giving thanks, and also revealing my little secret hatchling of a plan.
The plan is to go here, and study their chef training program.
The thanks given, was because of my belief, that without the succulents and foodies, it would have taken me a lot longer to discover my path..
So, the scene set, all I had to do was bake according to my envisaged future..
There was a smorgasboard of delectable goodies, but as this is a cupcake blog, I'll stick to talking cupcakes..
Vanilla & lemon zest cupcakes, dolloped with a serve of lemon curd..
These were everyones favourite.
The tartness of the curd, coupled with the subtle sweetness of the cake- divine! :)
The food was made with natural sweeteners, no hydrogenated fats and no dairy..
Except of course the frosting, which was made from partially hydrogenated margarine & confectioners sugar..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home