Hey there cupcake!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Rhubarb Cupcakes

A few weeks ago my mother went to a BIG farmers market, and bought up BIG..
She has been struggling to use up all the beautiful produce, before it spoils..
Enter a spare bunch of rhubarb, delivered into my hot little hands..
Crumble or buckle you say?-
Hell no, it's cupcakes all the way :)
This ambitious gamble, turned out very well indeed.
I found a recipe on the net, for a rhubarb cake, which already used apple sauce..
I adjusted the rest accordingly, substituting apple juice concentrate for sugar & canola oil for butter ..
Hot from the oven, the cakes, although meeting the toothpick test-seemed moist to the point of- under done..
Today however, they are dense, moist as can be and delicious.
I made a simple vanilla buttercream frosting.
Sprinkled desicated coconut on top.
Made a rhubarb syrup with: stewed rhubarb, confectioners sugar & soy milk;
And lightly decorated the frosting with it..
A really delicious dessert.
The flavours are subtle, but together- they slowly creep up on you, until in one exctasy filled mouthful, you cry- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn

2 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Alynne said...

I'd love to see a recipe for the cupcakes! I've been searching for a perfect recipe for rhubarb cupcakes on the net, but I'm not great with improvising.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Alynne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home